About Miro Forestry
OUR MISSION, VISION AND VALUES
To develop and operate globally high-quality and cost competitive commercial forestry plantations producing plywood, sawn timber panels, poles and wood biomass sustainably to Forestry Stewardship Council™ (FSC™) standards whilst providing environmental, social and economic benefit to local communities.
Be Africa’s leading forestry company based on shareholder value add, sustainability standards, environmental and social development benefits; with a passionate and determined team and supportive stakeholders.
BE THE BEST:
We are determined to be the best vertically integrated forestry and timber products business in Africa.
We aim to make a positive impact though our operations, relationships and voluntary contributions. We aim to have a happy and engaging work environment where individuals take leadership and initiative to deliver the positive impacts of the Company.
We are committed to continuously improving the way we operate from a commercial, health and safety, environmental and social development perspective. We are determined to be the best in our field, by each individual taking ownership of business needs and striving to efficiently achieve long-term business objectives.
We are committed to conducting our operations with integrity and with respect for the many people, organisations and environments our business touches.
Miro conforms to Forestry Stewardship Council™ (FSC™), International Finance Corporation Performance Standards (IFC-PS) and International Labour Organisation (ILO) standards amongst others. In addition, Miro operates in conformance to several internal policies on Occupational Health and Safety, and Environmental and Sustainability amongst others.
Download Miro Forestry & Timber Products policies here.
Team expanded to over 3,000 employees
- Construct a 60,000m3 output plywood factory in Sierra Leone
- Expand the Ghana plywood factory to 60,000m3 output.
- Over 30,000m3 of plywood sales to Europe, the UK, the Middle-East, and Africa.
- Team expanded to over 3,000 employees
Plywood Factory Development
- Raised US$48m of new money (taking total funds raised to c.US$120m).
- Break ground to on 13,000m2 factory extension in Ghana to extend veneer production operations to full plywood production (to be commissioned in 2021).
- 50,000 pole per annum CCA treatment plant commissioned in Sierra Leone
Edge Glue Panel Production
- Edge Glue Panel Production commences in Sierra Leone at pilot scale.
- Trading department commences, trading third party timber products into West Africa (thus building revenue and market presence).
Rotary Veneer Production
- Rotary veneer production commences in Ghana, selling export and into the local market.
Plantation Area Established Exceeds 10,000ha
Sawmilling commences in Sierra Leone
First Investment by CDC Group plc, now renamed British International Investment plc
- US10.5m equity and US$4.5m mezzanine debt commitment with Finnfund increasing to match.
First Investment by Finnfund
- US$6m mezzanine debt commitment.
First Investment by Aqua Ventures
- US$750,000 invested by Aqua Ventures.
First Eucalyptus Planted
Founded by Andrew Collins, CEO and Charles Bosworth, Strategy Director
- Small scale plantation development <20ha commencing in 2010