- Richard Laing, Non-executive Chairman
- Richard was previously CEO of CDC Group plc, formerly the Commonwealth Development Corporation Group, from 2004 to 2011, having joined the organisation in 2000 as Finance Director. Prior to CDC, Richard spent 15 years at De La Rue plc where he held a number of positions both
in the UK and overseas, latterly as Group Finance Director. Prior to this he worked in agribusiness
in developing countries and at Price Waterhouse (now PwC) where he qualified as a Chartered Accountant. Richard is currently a non-executive Director at JP Morgan Emerging Markets Investment Trust plc, Perpetual Income and Growth Trust plc and a Trustee and board member of the Overseas Development Institute, Plan UK and the Leeds Castle Foundation. He is a graduate of Cambridge University where he obtained an MA in Engineering.
- Andrew Collins, Co-founder, Chief Executive Officer
- Andrew Collins has extensive experience in structuring and completing emerging market investments and has been responsible for managing and driving the expansion of Miro Forestry since inception. Prior to Miro, Andrew spent three years developing and financing biomass energy projects in Europe; which continue to be expanded by the assembled management teams. After business school, Andrew was a corporate finance investment banker with Panmure Gordon & Co. completing IPOs, secondary offerings, mergers and acquisitions in a broad range of sectors. Andrew holds a Masters in Engineering from the University of Bristol and a Masters in Finance from the Cranfield School of Management.
- Charlie Bosworth, Co-founder, Business Strategy & Development Director
- Charlie Bosworth has a background in emerging market business development and management
and is a forestry business specialist. Charlie has been responsible for the technical (forestry and wood processing) and strategic development of Miro Forestry since inception. Charlie previously worked for Sunshine Technology as part of the venture set-up team developing the company’s forestry and biofuel operations and systems capacities in Yunnan, China. Charlie holds an MA in Politics from Cambridge University.
- Andrew Tillery, Non-executive Director
- Andrew has over 25 years operational management and private equity experience in Africa and
other emerging markets including eight years as CEO in West Africa with CDC Group plc where
he founded an agribusiness and built it from green field to profitability. Andrew holds two Masters degrees from Oxford University, including one in forestry, and an MBA from the University of Chicago. Until 2008 Andrew was a private equity Investment Director with Actis in Nairobi and he is currently a non-executive director on three African agribusiness boards and adviser to several sub-Saharan Africa agribusiness investment funds. Andrew has 15 years experience running emerging market tree plantation businesses including a hardwood plantation in the Solomon Islands and a rubber operation in Cote d’Ivoire.
- Ilkka Norjamäki, Non-executive Director
- Ilkka has more than 15 years of experience in forestry and forest industry sectors in emerging markets and particularly Africa. In his previous position, he was the Head of Forestry Consulting at Indufor, one of the leading global forestry consulting companies. Currently he is Investment Manager at the Finnish Fund for Economic Cooperation Ltd (Finnfund), where he is responsible for forestry and forest industry investments, including origination and structuring.
- Keith Alexander, Non-executive Director
- Keith has been involved with businesses operating in Africa for over 30 years and most recently he was a director at Actis LLP where he was a member of the management team of the Actis Africa Agribusiness Fund. Prior to Actis, Mr. Alexander was employed by CDC Group plc where he focused on agribusiness investments in emerging markets.
- Jacob Logothetis, Non-executive Director
- Jacob is Managing Director of Aqua Ventures International FZE, a family office specializing in
alternative investments. Jacob oversees a pipeline of private equity, venture capital and structured fund investments in sectors including natural resources, real estate and technology. He is also responsible for the company’s liquid investment portfolio. Jacob has advised and managed approximately US$1.3bn of investments into a range of sectors and holds an MBA from Manchester Business School and New York University - Leonard Stern School of Business.
- Hanna Skelly, Non-executive Director
- Hanna is Managing Director of Arbaro Advisors, a emerging markets forestry and timber products focused fund. Previously Hanna was a Director at Finnish Fund for Economic Cooperation Ltd. She has over 15 years of experience in emerging markets and the forestry and forest industry sectors having also worked for Pöyry as a forestry and timber industry consultant.
Copyright 2019 Miro Forestry